In order to balance the transit system budget for fiscal year 2018, the Columbia City Council voted for bus service reductions at its Sept. 18 Public Budget Hearing. These service reductions are scheduled to go into effect on Oct. 30. The reductions include the following:
- Removal of the #6 Pink Route. This route will be replaced with a limited Flex Route service in areas which had been covered by the #6 Pink Route. The Flex Route zone will serve the area of Lemone Industrial and East Stadium by Cinnamon Hill. The Go COMO bus will be in the Flex zone during the following times: 7 a.m. to 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday. Customers should call 573-874-7524 at least 24 hours in advance to book a ride. The customer will be transported to/from one of three Flex zone stops to/from the regular Gold or Blue routes to access the rest of the system.
- Removal of the #7 Dark Green Route. The highest ridership areas of this route will now be included on the #1 Black Route and the #8 Light Green Route.
- The #3 Brown and #4 Orange routes will remain, but will run less often on an off-peak schedule all day Monday-Friday, similar to the midday and Saturday schedules.
- The #8 Light Green and #9 Purple routes remain, but will run less often on an off-peak schedule all day Monday-Friday, similar to the midday and Saturday schedules.
- The #11 Aqua Route service area will remain, but will be absorbed into the #3 Brown Route and will be referred to as an extension of the #3 Brown Route.
- The #5 Blue Route will travel to Battle High School twice a day. The Blue route will have service all day long with routes to battle High School only once each morning and once each afternoon.
Go COMO Online Maps – New routes will be switched on Oct. 30
New Route Schedule Flyers (downloadable pdfs):
Flex Zone (formerly Pink) – includes map